Providing safe and efficient transportation of students to and from school.
The White Bear Lake Area Schools Transportation Department serves over 3400 bus stop locations within our 45 square mile district community each day.
2021-22 Busing information
For the 2021-22 school year, aside from the exceptions listed below, all general education students will automatically be assigned to a bus route. A transportation form is only required for those students who are attending WBLAHS - South Campus or ALC (form for both schools is here, Spanish version is here) or for those who are attending a daycare within the district (form is here).
If you have moved over the past year, please make sure that you email transportation at firstname.lastname@example.org
Busing information will be posted on the students' Parent Portal by August 30, 2021. Families of Early Childhood or SpEd students will receive an email or phone call with their student's busing information.
As of right now, per CDC and TSA requirements and recommendations, everyone using public transportation is required to wear a mask, which includes students on buses. We will continue to monitor this and continue to communicate with families on any upcoming changes.
If you have any questions in regards to these topics, please email transportation@isd624.
Transportation Department Contacts
WBLAS Transportation (Buses Numbered 1-99)
Mike Turitto, Transportation Coordinator
4855 Bloom Avenue
White Bear Lake, MN 55110
Contracted Transportation (Buses Numbered 100-199)
2331 Leibel Street
White Bear Lake, MN 55110
Phone: 651-407-9080 (office)
If you have a driver concern, please contact the bus company.
Buses Numbered 1-99 - contact WBLAS at 651-407-7538.
- Buses Numbered 100-199 - contact First Student at 651-407-9080.
If you are not sure who to contact, please call the Transportation Department at 651-407-7538.
- How are pickup and drop-off locations chosen?
- How are routes designed?
- Why do some children have to cross the street to board the bus?
- We live on a cul de sac. Will the bus come down our street?
- Our neighborhood has no sidewalks and has hills and curves. Can we have an additional bus stop so our children do not have to walk to the existing stop?
- The bus goes right by my house. Why can't it stop here?
- I own a daycare and need the stop at my house because the State requires me to see the students at all times. Why can't the bus stop be located at my house?
- I have young children at home and/or I leave home because of work.
- Why can I not see the bus stop from my house?
The Walk Boundary distances are calculated from our computerized routing software. Distances are measured from the edge of the school to the end of the student's driveway along the path a student could actually walk.
- Grades K-2 - 1/2 mile
- Grades 3-5 - 3/4 mile
- Grades 6-12 - 1 mile
Busing boundaries are limited to the school attendance areas for all regular education students.
Attendance Boundaries Process
The district is in the midst of an Attendance Boundaries Process, made necessary in part by the comprehensive facilities plan.
A steering committee made up of district staff has been meeting since May to develop a variety of attendance boundaries proposals to accommodate student enrollment and best utilize new/expanded facilities. In December, stakeholder committee members also analyzed boundaries for our elementary and middle schools.
Community stakeholders are encouraged to review the draft plans and provide feedback on strengths, considerations, and recommendations. Find complete information and a survey link at isd624.org/
Matoska International IB World School
Matoska International is a K-5 choice school open to students throughout the district. The District provides transportation from any point in the school district for students enrolled at this school.
High School Campuses
- White Bear Lake Area High School - North Campus (serving grades 9-10)
- White Bear Lake Area High School - South Campus (serving grades 11-12)
- White Bear Lake Area Learning Center (serving grades 9-12)
The District provides transportation from any point in the school district for students enrolled at these schools.